Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day = lots of firsts for Mac

Mac had a fun filled labor day weekend!!  Saturday he got to experience his first game day!  Grant had his FL jersey all ready to go in time for kickoff.  Mac didn't watch much of the game b/c it started after his bed time but the Gators won so maybe Mac will be our lucky charm this year!

He is one handsome Gator fan!

I love the way he is looking at Albert in this picture!


Sunday we hung out around the house and relaxed because we all had a big morning the next day!  On Monday Mac participated in his first 10K!  The Chiles Family got up at the crack of dawn to run in the Big Peach Sizzler.  We ran this race two years ago and it was a lot of fun.  Grant was the lucky one and pushed the stroller.  He ran the race in 55:46, I finished in 1hr 6 mins.  Yes...I'm out of shape....Yes my husband beat me by over 11 minutes all while pushing our son in a stroller.....Yes I had a C-Section a little over 4 months ago.....that should sum it up. 

As you can see from the pictures it was not a pretty day.  It rained almost the entire time.  Mac was lucky, he was completely covered and after the first 1.5 slept the entire time.  I on the other hand was pounded in the face by rain all while feeling like I could die on the side of Peachtree. 

Grant was very proud.  He was the only one out there with a stroller and everyone complimented him!

Ingore my smile and just my overall heinous appearance.  It was a rough race for this mama but I'm getting back into it!


Family shot - the man I asked to take this picture was just sitting in his minivan..shoeless.  I don't blame him, my shoes were soaked!


After the race we went to breakfast at the Flying Biscuit and it was delish!  We always go and have a good breakfast after races.  One might say I only run them so I can eat the breakfast ;)

I was sad to go back to work on Tuesday but at least it's a short week! 

CLC


No comments:

Post a Comment