Sunday, March 25, 2012

11 months

11 down...ONE more to go! Mac Chiles you turned 11 months on March 20th! My oh my how the time flies!!! I honestly have no idea how you are 11 months. As cliche as it sounds it really does feel like yesterday that I got that first positive test and now BAM you are 11 months old.

I'm not sure what your stats are, you do not go back to the doc until after your year birthday. THANKFULLY we have had a full month of no doctor visit worthy sickness!!!

BIG TIME FIRST this month...WE OFFICIALLY HAVE A CRAWLER!!!! On Wednesday March 21st his school called and left me a message. For those of you who do not know Mac's "school" is located in my building at work so when I saw the missed call on my work phone I called back without checking my messages. When his teachers answered they could tell I had not checked my messages and told me to check and then call back. The message was his two current teachers as well as his infant room teacher all cheering and screaming that he had started crawling FORWARD. Forward being the key word. Mac has been crawling backwards and sideways for months but never forward. Of course I (and his Aunt Katie) raced down there to see it in person. When I got there he crawled towards me when I walked in the door...be still my heart :)

When we got home I was eager to show Grant....Mac....not so eager. He would NOT do it. He would just laugh and tease us by rocking back and forth. My husband being the patient person that he is said it wasn't a big deal and he would get to see it tomorrow. I would have never been able to do that! So the next morning which just happened to be Grant's birthday we put him on the ground and nothing. The minute I put him down at school he took off!!!!


Luckily when we got home that night he finally showed his daddy his skillz..Haha!!! I have a completely separate post documenting Grant's birthday and the "first" crawling video! I have come to realize that my boy will do his own thing on his own time. It is almost like he has to be 100% sure he can do something before he actually does it. He never did the army crawl or the drag the belly crawl he just waited and then went straight for the hands and knees crawl. Whatever he does and however he does it will be fine with me.

Mac is still the happiest kid on the block although he is definitely testing the boundaries with his new found freedom! We couldn't be happier and I am looking forward to his big birthday bash. I am still a little sad about him turning one but I am really enjoying this new stage. He is SO much fun!


We love you Mac Chiles!!!
CLC

1 comment:

  1. WAY TO GO MAC CHILES!!!!! The Heglin Family is so proud of you!!! :) You are one cute little man!

    ReplyDelete