Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Mac's Birthday 1

On Mac's actual birthday (4/20) Grant and I both took the day off.  We planned on going to get Mac's hair cut, havelunch in downtown and then heading home to meet my parents and his parents at our favorite Mexican restaurant.  We woke Mac up with the birthday song and then made him breakfast.  After Breakfast he took a long nap and when he woke up we headed into town to get his hair cut. 

Here he is on his birthday morning.



So here is a little back story on the hair cut - I begged Grant to take him to a kid friendly place.  You know the ones where they sit in spaceships and watch TV with TRAINED people who cut wiggly children's hair all day.  He refused...wanted to take him to his barber.  Here is the result...

At first he sat there staring at me like Mom are you really going to let this old man near me with a sharp object...


Then he really got mad...I can only imagine he was screaming GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!


At this point he was reaching and chanting MAMAMAMAMA...


Poor Wayne (the barber). His hands were shaking and you could tell he was really uncomfortable.  I finally stepped in and ended this torture for my sweet boy.  He only got half his hair cut...it's okay it's blends just fine :)  The best part...Grant had gotten his hair cut before Mac so when it came time to pay he charged us full price for Mac's haircut which was the same amount we paid for Grants.  Moral of the story...listen to your wife :)  Haha!!

After the barber shop we headed to Six Feet Under to have lunch.  We were hoping it would be warm and clear enough to have lunch on the roof top but no such luck.  We did get some really cute pictures though!!




I love how you can see the skyline in all of the pictures!!  It was a long afternoon so we headed home and put Mac down for another long nap...it is tough turning one!

Later that evening my folks came in town and we meet Grant's family at Poblanos for Mac's birthday dinner.  This was the best picture that I have...sad.


We had a great day celebrating our little man's first birthday.  Will I feel this sappy when he turns 30..??  Probably!!!

CLC

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed seeing the birthday pics - glad you are keeping up with the blog. You can make a book out of it which would be adorable to look back on!

    ReplyDelete