Monday, June 11, 2012

Mac's Birthday Part 2

I am busy.  Period.  I have no other excuse on why I haven't been blogger other than that.  I have SO MANY things I need to catch up on.  Mac's first birthday party, Warrior Dash and Mother's day just to name a few.  So this is my attempt at catching up...like I always do.


Mac's first birthday party was Saturday April, 21st.  It is crazy how much work parents put into their children's birthday parties, I was no exception.  I remembered it called for rain on Saturday all week.  Each day the rain chance went up and my stress level went up.  What was I going to do with 40+ people in my house?  I was a nervous wreck.  Luckily the weather was PERFECT!!!  Sunny and only about 75 degrees.  Good thing considering out downstairs air conditioning unit stopped working about 2 hours before the party.  I knew something had to go wrong I just wished that something didn't set us back a couple hundred bucks :)  We were fortunate that Shumate was able to come out on such a short notice and was literally backing out of the driveway as the first guest arrived!

One thing I stressed about with this party was TIME!  I wanted to make sure that it coordinated with the majorities nap times.  Mac at that point in time went down for an afternoon nap around noon so I scheduled the party for 2.  It worked out well and we really didn't have any meltdowns until the very end!

I ended up only doing finger foods and some kiddie snacks.  We had juice boxes for the kids and wine as well as a 420 keg for the adults.  Yes...you read that right.  We, parents of the year, had a keg at our 1 year old's birthday party.  In our defense it did have sentimental value.  420 Keg for a 4/20 baby :) 

Another thing I stressed about was activities for the kids and adults.  I know most folks don't enjoy going to 1st birthday parties so I wanted to make everyone had something to do to keep them occupied.  We had corn hole and ladder ball set up for the adults and a homemade ball pit and a kid "roller coaster" for the kids.  Word of advise...get this roller coaster.  It was a HIT with both the kids and the adults!

Here are a TON of pictures from the party.  Sadly these are not even half of them!  I can hardly believe that we have already celebrated our baby's first birthday.  We are beyond blessed and this has been the BEST year of my life!

These are in no particular order and it would take forever to give a caption but I think you can follow along!



 

























I have so many pictues and I'm sure I'll get around to posting them :)

CLC

No comments:

Post a Comment