Monday, May 30, 2011

5 weeks!!

Mac will be 6 weeks on Wednesday and I realized I hadn't posted his 5 week picture yet...oops!




This week of his life was very busy!! We had TWO doctors appointments! For the first one I had to take Mr. Mac back to the doctor for a weight check. Mac weight 7lbs 40z when he was born, dropped to 6lbs 10oz by the time we left the hospital, shot up to 6lbs 150z at his 6 day appointment and weighed in at a whopping 7lbs 8oz at his one month check up! The doc wasn't too concerned since he was above his birth weight but wanted me to come back just to make sure. Well Mac did not disappoint! He tipped the scale at 8lbs 4oz...he gained almost a pound in less than a week!!!! I was so proud! Come to find out I had to fatten myself up in order to fatten him up....my doctor told me I needed a chick fila milkshake - ha!

Our second appointment we had to go to the Children's Hospital for a Hip ultrasound. Our doctor likes for all breech babies to have an ultrasound just to be safe. I was so nervous! Hip issues were something I read about the minute I found out that Mac was breech and most likely not turning. He was so brave and did such a good job!! Everything looked good with his ultrasound so there was no need for me to stress!

Here he is on the exam table...notice his little identification bracelet on his ankle ;)



Both of our appointments went well and he is a healthy and happy little boy!

CLC

No comments:

Post a Comment