Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Father's Day - way late!!!

Grant doesn't post on this blog...to be honest I'm not sure if he even reads it - Haha! This means I can pretty much write whatever I want and although I'm not a Father I think Grant had a super First Father's Day!

I should have taken a picture of Grant's Father's day gift....Mac did such a super job ;) We couldn't think of one particular thing to get him (Grant got me Mac's birthstone charm for my charm bracelet for Mother's day) so we just picked him up a bunch of small things! Sounds pretty lame but Mac had a great idea. We wrapped all of Daddy's presents in one big box and on the top of the box we wrote - "Why I think you are the best Daddy in the world!!!". When he opened the box each little gift was wrapped in tissue paper with a picture of him and Mac and little saying attached to each picture/gift telling him why he is in fact the best daddy in the world! I used the following pictures and sayings ;)


"Because you're a Champ!!"

"Because we are so alike!!"
"Because you make me laugh!!!"
"Most of all because you love me!!"



The above picture is one of my favorites! Mac woke up super early one morning (this was around 4am)I was downstairs so Grant picked him up out of his bassinet to comfort him and they both feel back asleep ;)

After Grant opened his presents we met up with his parents for a Father's day breakfast!


Grant and his folks!
Family photo ;)
3 generations!!
Daddy and his boy!

After breakfast Grant wanted to go to Porter for a beer tasting. It was his day so Mac and I obliged ;)
Mac at his first beer tasting ;)

I didn't get to see my Daddy on Father's day but he knows he is pretty awesome and I love him very much!!!
Papa Bear makes a great napping partner!

CLC


No comments:

Post a Comment