Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Part II - Randy has a name!

That’s right folks he has a name and it’s a good one! After a month of deliberating and trying to figure out what goes with what we finally decided on


.

.

.

.

.

.

McAlister Austin Chiles


We will probably call him Mac for short and before you say anything... YES, we are aware that his initials spell out his name... and NO, we did not plan for that to happen! McAlister is Grant’s Grandmother’s maiden name. I have always loved this name, but finding something to go with it was difficult. We went back and forth with lots of different names but kept coming back to McAlister. At first we were going to use McAlister as a middle name, but after spending time with a teacher friend (Kimmie), she and Katie pointed out how difficult it is for kids who go by their middle names especially when it comes time for school. {Side note - For those of you who do not know Grant’s name is Christopher Grant. Crazy to think we could have possibly been Chris and Chris Chiles. Thank goodness for kids who do go by their middle names}

Anyways back to the name, so I wanted to use McAlister Grant at first but Grant was not a fan. Then we went with some funky names and nothing sounded right. Growing up, Grant was SUPER close to his Papa (his Dad’s Dad). Papa’s name just happens to be Richard Austin Chiles. Everyone loved Papa or Rock as most folks called him so it was a pretty easy decision. Not to mention it sounds really great with McAlister :) I love old family names!!! Growing up I wasn’t close with either of my Grandfathers. My Dad’s name is Stephen Wayne (WE LOVE YOU WAYNE), my brother’s name is Stephen and my brother used Stephen for his son’s name. That left Wayne as the only Lackey side family name and if you have ever met my father you know how he feels about the name Wayne....he is not a fan. I think it would be hilarious if Mac calls him Wayne ;)
>
>
>
So there you have it. Randy is Mac. I still catch myself calling him Randy, but old habits die hard I guess. My Nephew wants to call him Mac and Cheese. I guess he can call him whatever he wants considering he will be 10 years older than him and will most likely boss him around, which is how it should be! It is hard to believe that this all started in August and now I’m 6 months pregnant......with a boy.......who has a real name! I get more and more excited every day!

CLC

1 comment: