Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Running a marathon....

If there has been one thing I have consistently craved during this pregnancy it has been these little devils……..




I bet I eat on average 100 a day. I have never been the type to keep candy out in my house BUT Mac has changed that. For the last 4 months or so I have kept a bowl that sits on a table at the bottom of my steps filled with these little tasty treats. No matter what time of day I grab one on my way down or up the stairs. It’s an addiction. In November I was obsessed with the dark chocolate ones, December it was the peppermint/white chocolate now I’m hooked on the plain ole regular ones. I’m hoping next month I can find the ones filled with caramel...YUM!



On a side note Grant is training for a ½ marathon in March which means long runs for him on Saturday’s. We did this race last year and I really enjoyed it….however at 8.5 months pregnant by the time the race rolls around I will be sitting on the sidelines cheering him on. What this ultimately means is that as I sit and eat 100 Hershey kisses and gain an absurd amount of weight Grant stays fit and trim. What happened to the husband taking on pregnancy symptoms and gaining weight to make the wife feel better?? Oh well as I sit and eat my heaping bowl of ice cream topped with Hershey kisses on Friday nights I think about how I don’t have to stress about getting my long run in the next day. BUT when he comes back from his run all energized and probably 3 lbs lighter I just eat another little kiss and remind myself that I’m running a marathon everyday by GROWING A HUMAN BEING – so take that Mr. Fit and Trim :)

It's a good thing I really love Mr. Fit and Trim!

Stay tuned – my 27th week post is coming up...my last week in my 2nd trimester!!! CRAZY!

CLC

No comments:

Post a Comment