Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Part III - Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and we finally bought Nursery Furniture!

Christmas -

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! We were in Warner Robins for Christmas this year and missed the snow but it was worth it! Being lazy at my parent’s house while my Mom cooked all of my favorite meals.... you can’t beat that! I bet I gained 10 lbs over the holidays... we will find out tomorrow! We spent most of the time watching movies, playing rummy and of course EATING! It was a glorious 3-day break!

Grant, Mac and I all racked up this year for Christmas! Mac even had his own stocking b/c my Mom knows how much I love stockings!!! My favorite present came from my nephew. He scored a 100 on his math test so he got to pick out a prize. He picked this cute framed picture of a pug and gave it to us for Christmas! He also bought us these AWESOME coffee mugs from the school Santa shop! If you can’t read them mine says "My Aunt has a big heart" and Grant’s says "My Uncle is above the rest"! So sweet!





We left my parent's house early the day after Christmas so we could get home and head to Grant's parents house for lunch and more presents! We had a delicious lunch and played more cards!! It was a wonderful Christmas and we are very blessed. Mac is one lucky boy!! Both sets of Grandparents spoil him already and I know it will only get worse once he gets here!

New Years -

For the past 5 years we have celebrated New Years in the mountains with a group of friends. Let me tell you it is the way to go. No dressing up in uncomfortable clothes, getting out in the cold and crowds. Nope..... just hanging out for 3 days relaxing, eating and watching football. This year I did not take near as many pictures as I normally do. You would think being the only sober one there that I would have been snapping away, but I was too busy forcing myself to stay awake! I did manage to get a few pictures!

Birthday (for Leigh) and New Year's shots. I couldn't partake, but Ryan made them so pretty I had to take a picture!




Me with my sparkling grape juice!



Grant and I with our NYE garb...



Ryan and Leigh playing Just Dance 2 - this was a major source of entertainment!



We had a great time but it has been a tough two days trying to get back into the swing of things at work and at home!!

Nursery Furniture -

On our way back from the cabin we decided to go ahead and stop in and order our nursery furniture. The lady told us it could take 8-10 weeks for the furniture to come in so we didn't want to push it! We ordered a crib, mattress, conversion rails, dresser and a glider all at once! I can't wait for it to come and and get the room together. Mac will be here before we know it!!! I tried to post a picture but it wouldn't work and I'm too tired to try and figure it out!

I should be all updated! Hopefully!!!

CLC

No comments:

Post a Comment